Now that the kids have grown and flown, it’s just the hubby and I home for dinner. A nice bowl of homemade Italian Wedding soup , along with some homemade bread is just the answer for dinner.
There are many recipes I make with spaghetti, that thin Italian pasta. Spaghetti doesn’t always have to be covered with red sauce, or as some say, gravy. I make my mother-in-law’s favorite Irish Spaghetti Casserole, made from ham and spaghetti and an easy and quick weeknight supper. It also happens to be my oldest daughter’s requested favorite birthday meal! For real!
Try this easy version of little meatball soup for lunch or dinner some night with homemade bread.
Easy kitchen clean up with my crochet handmade Dish Cloths from my Moomettes Crochet shop!
- 1/2 lb. Hamburg (ground beef or ground turkey)
- 1 c. Bread Crumbs
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Egg
- salt, pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 lb. Cappellini, thin spaghetti
- 4 c. Chicken broth
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (small can)
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. Garlic
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Combine hamburg, bread crumbs, onions, carrot, egg, salt and pepper. Roll into small, mini meatballs.
- Simmer the chicken broth with meatballs, tomatoes and spices until the meatballs are cooked. Add zucchini, cook 15 minutes. Then add spaghetti, cook 5 minutes more.
© Frugal New England Kitchen
Adapted from: Never Enough Thyme