This Holiday Muddy Buddies Mix is a party favorite of my family ! It’s easy and quick, made with Chex cereal and Chocolate ! Package the Reindeer Christmas Mix up in pretty cellophane bags or tins for family and friends !
Reindeer Christmas Mix Muddy Buddies
My husband isn’t a fan of peanut butter, so I adapted this recipe to make it peanut-butter free.
We still like peanuts in our Muddy Buddy Mix, but you can leave them out if you prefer. Whether you use Dark Chocolate or White Chocolate, it’s unanimous in our family that this is one of the best snack mixes during the holidays !
Check out my other White Chocolate Reindeer Food Christmas Mix Recipe and Christmas Bark Recipe !
Easy clean up with Handmade Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet !
Reindeer Christmas Mix Holiday Muddy Buddies Peanut Butter Free
Reindeer Christmas Mix Muddy Buddies Recipe - No Peanut Butter
- 1 box (12.8 oz.) (about 13 cups) Rice Chex, Corn Chex Wheat Chex or Chocolate Chex cereal (or combination)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter, optional
- Or use 1/4 to 1/2 cup Corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into smaller pieces
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Holiday M&M's
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler, add butter and corn syrup, stirring until smooth
- Add Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl or stock pot pan, add Chex Mix, peanuts, M&Ms, Pretzels
- Mix in chocolate mixture until all is coated
- Stir in Powdered Sugar, 1/2 cup at a time until well coated
- Layer in parchment lined cookie sheet
- Refrigerate until firm
- Break into pieces
- Place in air-tight container and store in refrigerator.
* If you do want to add peanut butter, substitute 3/4 c. peanut butter for the Corn Syrup
© Frugal New England Kitchen