Here’s an easy dessert for after dinner on cool fall nights and winter. This rum-flavored Pumpkin Bread Pudding is sure to become a family favorite.
Fall and Winter Desserts
This recipe is traditional New England comfort food ! This bread pudding is baked in a water bath so that it sets well and will be easy to cut and serve.
Bring for potluck Halloween parties or take along for the Thanksgiving dessert table!
I also have a Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe that’s prepared in a Water Bath. It comes out nicely to serve at buffets or a brunch.
Kitchen cleaning is easy with these Crochet Handmade Dishcloths that are for sale in my Moomettes Crochet Shop !
Be sure to check out my Crockpot Bread Pudding recipe along with my recipe for Hard Sauce.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
Pumpkin Bread Pudding With Rum
Pumpkin Bread Pudding baked in a water bath.
- 6 c. dry whole wheat bread cubes
- 1/2 c. finely chopped walnuts, raisins or currents (optional)
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c. Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. rum (or 1 tsp. rum extract)
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Hard Sauce, Whipped Cream or Cool Whip (optional)
- Combine bread and nuts in bottom of 12x7x2 baking dish.
- Stir together eggs, condensed milk, pumpkin, sugar and spices. Gradually stir in milk; add rum, butter or margarine and vanilla. Pour over bread layer.
- Place dish in a 13x9x2 baking pan. Pour hot water into larger pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake in oven for 50-60 min or until knife inserted just off center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with hard sauce, whipped cream, whipped topping or ice cream.
© Frugal New England Kitchen