Use this easy dip from from corned beef leftovers as a spread on cocktail rye bread. Serve it anytime, not just as Irish food on St. Patrick’s Day parties! To use as a dip toast and cube rye bread and supply party toothpicks for dipping. Pretzels or pretzel crackers also work well with this dip.
Baked Irish Corned Beef Dip
Irish Food, Corned Beef, Dip, Spread, Appetizer
- 1/4 lb. deli corned beef, chopped
- 1 1/2 C Swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 C Thousand Island dressing
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 C sauerkraut, drained well
- Place the chopped corned beef into a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle in 1 C of the Swiss cheese.
- Add the dressing and the cream cheese.
- Mix the ingredients together until the cream cheese is creamy.
- Set the oven temperature to 400 degrees and allow the oven to heat up.
- Spread the corned beef mixture into a 9 in pie plate.
- Spread the sauerkraut over the top.
- Sprinkle on the remaining Swiss cheese being sure to cover the top completely.
- Bake 12 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
© Frugal New England Kitchen