It’s strawberry picking season, and this is a delightful cake to make with fresh strawberries! There’s nothing like taking the kids or grandchildren and going out to the strawberry patch to pick your own fruit!
I like to make a fresh fruit strawberry rhubarb cobbler too! This recipe was shared by one of my co-workers and has quickly become a favorite! Starting with a box cake mix, it’s easy and quick to make. Bring to your next summer picnic – Top it off with homemade cream cheese icing!
Quick clean up with Handmade Dish Cloths
from Moomettes Crochet Shop
Easy Strawberry Desserts
Fresh Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Strawberries, Cake, Dessert, Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix with pudding
- 1 (3oz.) box strawberry Jello geletin
- 3/4 cup salad oil
- 2 tbl flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (crushed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese or Mascarpone
- 1 tbl milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup confectioner's xxx sugar
- Add sugar beating until smooth.
- Beat all ingredients together on medium speed for 3 minutes
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- After taking cake out of oven let sit for 15 minutes in pan, then take tube part of cake out of pan and let that set for 15 min.
© Frugal New England Kitchen
photo credit: Flickr