When Thanksgiving is over, what to do with all that leftover turkey? Here’s one of the easiest turkey soup recipes using can chicken stock.
You’ve spent all day in the kitchen cooking the bird and preparing for Thanksgiving, now whip up this cheater version of turkey soup in about 30 minutes!
Whether this is your first time making turkey soup, or you’re a seasoned cook, even grandmom takes kitchen shortcuts sometimes!
This satisfying comfort food soup also goes nicely with a slice of homemade Dill Bread.
How To Make Turkey Soup
The family can enjoy easy homemade turkey soup for lunch or make this easy turkey soup starter as a side along with turkey sandwiches for dinner and serve with the leftover turkey sides and fixins’ !
Easy Clean Up with Handmade Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet Shop !
- 1-2 cups leftover turkey, torn apart. Use both white and dark meat
- 2 (32 oz) box or can chicken stock (or use 1 chicken bouillon cube per 1 cup of hot water)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 c. cooked rice or 1 c. Elbow macaroni or Ditalini pasta (cooked separately)
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add rice or soup pasta as desired.
© Frugal New England Kitchen