This sweet and salty trail mix recipe is easy to make and the perfect snack or dessert to surprise your family and friends at your next Christmas Party or Holiday Event !
Christmas Mix Reindeer Food
You won’t believe how easy it is to make ! I bought one box of each Chex and Cheerio cereal at Aldi and had enough to give away to all of the relatives and neighbors. Of course, my little granddaughter thinks it’s the perfect breakfast food because it has Cheerios and Rice Chex in it ! That’s what Grandmoms are for !
If you can find the red and green M&Ms that makes it even more festive and fun, but I haven’t seen them in awhile around here.
I like to add about a cup of confectioner’s sugar after the white chocolate is mixed in to give this sweet treat even more sugary goodness!
Box it up in festive tins to give out as gifts or bring to your office holiday party !
Easy cleanup with Handmade Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet !
Christmas Mix Reindeer Food Trail Mix Recipe
Sweet and Salty Christmas Mix Reindeer Food
- 3 c. Cheerios
- 3 c. Rice Chex
- 1 Bag Pretzel Sticks
- 1 Large Can of Salted Peanuts
- 2 Bags M&M's
- 24 oz of White Chocolate (or Almond Bark - I find at Aldi)
- 1 c. Confectioner's Powdered Sugar
- In a large bowl combine the Cheerios, Chex Mix, Pretzels, Peanuts and M&Ms and mix well.
- Using a Double Boiler, or a large pan filled with water and insert a smaller pan, place white chocolate in smaller pan, and melt over the very hot, but not quite boiling water.
- When chocolate is smooth and melted, pour into the dry mixture and mix well to coat all pieces.
- Mix in the the powdered sugar after all pieces are coated with white chocolate.
- Dry on parchment or wax paper on a large cookie sheet.
- Break into pieces, place in air tight container or in refrigerator or freezer.
© Frugal New England Kitchen