I’d like to share my favorite New England Baked Bean Casserole recipe with you. It was shared by a co-worker, and I use it all year long – it’s great for summer picnics, barbecues, or you could make and take to brunch or holiday gatherings!
If you’d like, it tastes delicious with a bit of New England Maple Syrup added too!
One of the best things I like about living in New England is Fall. I enjoy everything about it – the changing colors of the foliage; the sound of crisp leaves crunching under my feet as I take an evening walk; the smell of wood stoves burning; and trips to the cider mills.
Also right up there are comfort foods – which to me means casseroles and slow cookers!
I recently had the opportunity to vote for the upcoming cover of the Betty Crocker Casseroles and Slow Cooker magazine.
Some of the cool things that will be in this issue are:
- There are 120 great-tasting recipes
- 32 quick-prep casseroles
- Hearty fix-it-and-forget-it slow cooker recipes like Chili Mole, Easy Beef Short Rib Supper and Beef and Barley Soup
- Yummy side dish casseroles like Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots with Asiago and Orange, and Brie Mashed Potatoes
- New ideas for brunch Upside-Down Caramel Latte Bake, Phyllo Egg Breakfast Torte and Overnight French Toast Bake with Berry Topping
- Cozy desserts such as Raspberry-Pear Granola Crisp, Caramel-Coffee Fondue and Ginger Orange Pound Cake
The cover receiving the most votes will be featured on the issue of the magazine. I hope #1 wins!
New England Baked Bean Casserole
This baked bean recipe is a family favorite ! When I was a young girl, my mom would dice up hot dogs and cook in the baked beans and that would be our New England Supper, a hot dog casserole served with Boston Brown Bread !
I like to bring these baked beans in a crockpot to keep warm at parties. They’re always a hit, and go fast ! Easy to transport, too.
Easy kitchen clean up with Handmade Dish Cloths from Moomettes Crochet !
© Frugal New England Kitchen