Real bacon bits to make this easy Bacon Onion Nibblers appetizer can be found in the salad dressing section of your local grocery store.
Better yet if you have some bacon go ahead and fry it up crispy, crumble and use in the mixture.
Bacon Onion Nibblers
Bacon Onion Nibblers Crescent Rolls
Appetizer, Crescent Rolls, Bacon Bits
- 1 (3 oz) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 C real bacon bits
- 2 T onion, chopped
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
- Place the cream cheese, bacon bits and onion into a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle in the pepper and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated together.
- Separate the crescent rolls into 2 rectangular pieces and pinch the seams together.
- Spread the cheese mixture on to both pieces of crescent dough. Start with the longest side of the rectangle and roll the crescent dough up.
- Cut each roll into 16 slices.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil sprayed with a non stick cooking spray on a large baking sheet.
- Heat the oven temperature up to 350 degrees.
- Lay each slice onto the prepared baking sheet cut side down.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a nice golden brown.
photo credit: rosmary
© Frugal New England Kitchen