When Fall arrives, that means Fresh Apples ! Macoun Apples, Macintosh Apples, Granny Smiths, they’re all a healthy fruit and easy to bake with. Here’s my family’s favorite recipe for Apple Muffins.
Pick Your Own or Roadside Farm Stands
Whether you pick your own apples or go to your favorite local farm stand, there’s a ton of apple varieties for your needs.
I make these easy oatmeal apple muffins with fresh Macs. Macs are a good eating apple, so they’re usually what I have on hand for when the grandkids visit.
Easy kitchen clean up with Handmade Dish Cloths Set from my Moomettes Magnificents shop !
Check out my recipe for Fresh Apple Cake with Caramel Whiskey Sauce for the grownups too !
Apple Oatmeal Muffin Recipe
Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. whole milk or 2% milk
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1. c. instant oatmeal
- 1-1/2 c. apples, peeled and diced
- Topping: 2 tbl. butter, softened
- 1 tbl. light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. instant oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the egg, milk, butter, vanilla, salt and sugar
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon, mixing together completely
- Add the oatmeal and apples
- Mix everything together
- Spoon into paper lined muffin cups, filling to the top
- Bake for 10 minutes
- While baking, prepare Topping Mix
- Spoon topping over muffins
- Bake another 1012 minutes longer
- Remove and place on wire wrack to cool.
© Frugal New England Kitchen